Home Owner Warranty Reports

The first step to selling your owner-built home

If you are an owner/builder, or you have undertaken large-scale, self-managed extensions to your home, a Home Owner Warranty Report (also known as Owner/Builder Report) and Home Owner Warranty Insurance is essential, if you plan to sell your home within 6 years.

In order to protect future buyers from insolvent, defective or incomplete building works, New South Wales Legislation requires that homes with more than $12,000 in value of building works undertaken by the owner/builder can only be sold providing there is a Certificate of Warranty Insurance in the contract, valid for 6 years from the completion of the building works.

If you didn’t build your home but you’ve invested over $12,000 in extensions or renovations to it (eg a new room, large shed, outdoor pavilion or granny flat), you will require Home Owner Warranty Insurance to sell. To gain Home Owners Warranty Insurance you must have a Home Owner Warranty Report, which only a licensed Building Inspector can provide.

Beggs Building & Pest Inspections is fully equipped to provide Home Owner Warranty Reports. Peter Beggs will come to you and conduct a Building Inspection to verify that the home is built to Australian standards. He will recommend any areas that need to be rectified and advise you on any additional certificates you may need from contractors.

You will promptly receive the Home Owner Warranty Report via email, and can apply to be covered by Home Owners Warranty Insurance. You’ll then have the freedom to sell your owner-built home.

Get the green light to sell. Arrange a Home Owner Warranty Report now on 0418 677 665, or complete the Quick Quote form above.